Kentucky Sportsbook Bonus Codes
Kentucky – Sports Betting is now live – The fine folks of the Bluegrass state can finally put some skin in the game!
Have a read of our Kentucky Sportsbook reviews and snag yourself a sign-up welcome offer whilst you are at it. If you are 18+ (21+ at some sportsbooks) and are in state boundaries, you will be able to download your favorite sportsbook and place a wager – you can bet on it!
If you or anyone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER.
What is a Bonus Bet?
Bonus bets are a type of reward given by sportsbooks when a customer takes some kind of qualifying action. Initial deposits placed by first-time users are sometimes matched by the same monetary amount, or sometimes more, in Bonus Bets – usually up to a designated maximum. (tip: always read the terms and conditions for the full details)
More commonly, a first-time deposit followed by a qualifying initial wager will be the trigger to receive a bonus bet(s). These also come with terms and conditions, such as the requirement to use the bonus bets in a certain timeframe, or in pre-determined monetary increments.
Existing customers can sometimes be rewarded with bonus bets around key sporting events, and sometimes for just being what the sportsbook considers to be a loyal repeat customer – so watch out for those too.
Terms and conditions will accompany most of not all bonus bets so be sure to read them carefully.
Is Sports Betting Online in Kentucky Legal?
Yes – Kentucky has legalized sports betting.
Governor Andy Beshear of Kentucky approved the sports betting legislation in late March, and it became law on June 28.
Kentucky Sports Betting Legal History & Timeline
Here’s a summary of the key dates in the legislative process:
Here is a timeline of the key dates in the legal sports betting process in Kentucky:
- 📅 September 28, 2023 Retail sports betting goes live in Kentucky!
- 📅 July 11, 2023 Announcement made that retail sports betting will begin on 7 September and mobile betting will begin on 28 September.
- June 20, 2023: The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC) aims to launch sports betting in Kentucky before the NFL season starts in September.
- 📅 June 7, 2023: Following the unfortunate deaths of 12 horses in 2023, Churchill Downs has decided to suspend all racing operations on its track for the spring season. Races initially scheduled for Churchill Downs will be relocated to Ellis Park.
- 📅 May 26, 2023: Gabe Prewitt, former director of racing at Caesars Entertainment, has been appointed as the Vice President of Racing and Sports Wagering Operations at The Red Mile racetrack.
- 📅 May 24, 2023: Preakness Stakes wagering experienced a decline of 16.5% compared to 2022, resulting in a total of just $54.6 million in wagers.
- 📅 May 17, 2023: CEO Bill Carstanjen of Churchill Downs expresses his expectation that sports betting will be operational in time for the NFL season’s commencement.
- 📅 May 16, 2023: Caesars Sportsbook Kentucky forms partnerships with Keeneland and Red Mile Gaming & Racing to establish physical betting facilities at both locations.
- 📅 May 7, 2023: Churchill Downs reports that the Kentucky Derby in 2023 achieved a record-breaking wagering amount of $188.7 million from all sources.
- 📅 May 6, 2023: Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear expresses confidence that sports betting in Kentucky will be ready when the NFL season begins.
- 📅 April 17, 2023: A spokesperson from the KHRC assures that the commission is committed to meeting its responsibilities promptly and ensuring the successful implementation of sports wagering in Kentucky by the June 28 deadline, including the necessary regulatory frameworks.
- 📅 March 29, 2023: DraftKings introduces DK Horse, its horse racing app, in Kentucky ahead of the 2023 Kentucky Derby.
- 📅 January 2023: FanDuel launches the FanDuel Racing app within its Sportsbook app product.
- 📅 September 2022: FanDuel becomes the official betting partner of the Kentucky Derby for the 2023 edition.
- 📅 July 2022: Caesars introduces the Racebook App in 12 states, including Kentucky, in preparation for the 2023 Kentucky Derby and other horse races.
Kentucky Online Bonus Codes
Most of the major players are already in Kentucky are now accepting bets. Others will follow shortly. Check out the links below in order to get acquainted with each Sportsbook and collect any bonus bet offers that are available to new customers.
- Bet365 Kentucky Bonus Code
- BetMGM Kentucky Bonus Code
- BetRivers Kentucky Bonus Code
- Caesars Kentucky Bonus Code
- DraftKings Kentucky Bonus Code
- FanDuel Kentucky Bonus Code
Who Regulates Kentucky Sports Betting?
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC) were awarded the role of regulating the sports betting industry in Kentucky. Formed in 1906 – KHRC are an experienced and respected regulator who as an independent state agency, have provided oversight since the turn of the last century. KHRC are now responsible for the creation of the regulatory framework and the awarding of sports betting licenses.
How to Start Betting Online in Kentucky
Take a good look at our Kentucky sportsbook reviews & find the ones that appeal to you the most.
Just use any of the Bonus Code links on our website in order to take advantage of the very best sign-up offers. Our links will automatically open the bookmaker signup page for you – and also trigger any signup bonus reward mechanism.
Be aware that you may need to prove your identification and resident status – so have a think about where your documentation is before you begin.
If you are looking for a more social gaming experience which doesn’t require actual money, then you should take a look at playing at a Social Casino, the up and coming way to play all your favorite online table games and slots! Our friends at socialcasinosites.com have put together a fantastic list of the best ones trending right now.
Responsible Gambling In Kentucky
Bonus Bet Kentucky only supports Fun, Safe & Responsible Gambling. Head to our Responsible Gambling page for more information and links to resources which could be helpful. Gambling and sports betting are designed purely for fun and entertainment, but when they escalate to harmful levels, severe repercussions can follow. In essence, any gambling that negatively impacts your personal or work life constitutes problem gambling.
The notion of responsible gambling encourages secure, controlled, and lawful gambling experiences while reducing the potential harm to individuals, families, and society. The saying “too much of a good thing can be detrimental” is definitely applicable to gambling.
Signs of Problem Gambling
Several warning signs indicate problematic gambling behavior, such as:
- Frequently daydreaming about gambling or betting strategies
- Increasing bets to achieve the thrill of excitement
- Wagering money not designated for entertainment or money you cannot afford to lose
- Feeling irritable, anxious, or annoyed when ceasing gambling activities
- Engaging in illegal activities to support or fund gambling
- Taking loans to finance gambling
- Attempting to recover lost funds by placing larger bets
- Deceiving friends, family, and colleagues about the extent of your gambling
However, the most significant and telling sign of excessive gambling is the inability to stop or reduce it despite attempts to do so. In addiction terminology, this is referred to as acting “without your own permission.”
If you or anyone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER.
What Professional Sports Are Available?
There are a vast number of sports on which you can bet online – each of our Kentucky sportsbook betting reviews will tell you exactly what sports are available.
Can I Bet On Kentucky College Sports?
Yes! Great news for the Bluegrass State – College Basketball, Football and other college sports are available to bet on.
Are Kentucky Sports Betting Winnings Taxable?
Yes, online sports betting revenue in Kentucky will be taxed at 9.75%